Ft. Eustis, Newport News, VA
The Warehouse Specialist performs a variety of warehousing duties that require an understanding of the establishment’s storage plan. Work involves most of the following: verifying materials (or merchandise) against receiving documents, noting, and reporting discrepancies and obvious damages, routing materials to prescribed storage locations; storing, stacking, or palletizing materials in accordance with prescribed storage methods, rearranging and taking inventory of stored materials, examining stored materials and reporting deterioration and damage, removing material from storage and preparing it for shipment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills to effectively interact with peers and management
- Meet or exceed customer expectations by performing warehousing functions required to meet customer needs within standards.
- Operate lifts, hand trucks, carts, and other material handling equipment in performing warehouse duties
- Store, stack, and/or organize inventory items
- Be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Be able to count and compare inventory to maintain stock levels
- Break down equipment and material for recycling
- Have a valid Driver’s License
- Secret Clearance
- Be able to obtain Forklift Certification