Telecommunications Mechanic II – Switch Tech
Location: Fort Story, VA
Global Management Systems Inc. is accepting applications for a Customer Service Technician/Telecommunications Specialist. Installs, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains telecommunications equipment. Provides reports, completes requests for new service, and determines methodology for installing telephone service and Network cabling. Determines appropriateness of moderate equipment changes or modifications including call switches, test trunks and test links, and installs communication circuits
- Plans network installations by studying technical specifications; preparing an installation schematic.
- Establishes voice and data networks by programming features; establishing interfaces and integrations; following industry standards; activating remote access tools.
- Verifies service by testing and re-programming circuits, equipment, and alarms; identifying and correcting problems; conferring with engineers.
- Documents network by recording configuration diagrams and programming.
- Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network back-up procedures; updating documentation.
- Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns; answering questions.
- Maintains safe work environment by following standards and policies.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills Required: Ability to absorb and retain technical information
- High School graduate or GED equivalent
- 5 years experience in telecommunications or related fields
- Understanding of telephony and, AC/DC circuitry
- Understanding of service orders, plan sets and work operations
- Color code
- Cat 6 installation experience
- Ability to absorb and retain technical information
- US citizen
- Must pass Department of Defense background check.
- Valid driver’s license
- Security Clearance Required
Global Management Systems Inc. is an information technology industry leader in delivering integrated high quality local area network, operational support, configuration management, telephone data management and VOIP services. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.