Telecommunications Mechanic I Redstone
The Telecommunications Mechanic I installs, removes, maintains, modifies, troubleshoots, and repairs voice and/or non-voice communications systems including intercom and public address systems, alarm systems, teletype equipment, and electronic and electromechanical telephone key systems/PBAXs; terminal and communications equipment, including line drivers. This mechanic runs cables, key cables, or house wire to all telephone sets, terminal connectors, lugs, pins, or screws, associated with key telephone equipment and/or terminating equipment for non-voice circuits.
- Assists in cable placement.
- Establishes voice and data networks by programming features; establishing interfaces and integrations; following industry standards; activating remote access tools.
- Verifies service by testing and re-programming circuits, equipment, and alarms; identifying and correcting problems; conferring with engineers.
- Documents network by recording configuration diagrams and programming.
- Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network back-up procedures; updating documentation.
- Complete work orders for adds, moves and changes, and repairs in one or more product lines Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns, answering questions.
- Maintains safe work environment by following standards and policies.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ability to absorb and retain technical information
- High School graduate or GED equivalent
- Understanding of telephony and AC/DC circuitry
- Understanding of service orders, plan sets and work operations
- Color code
- US citizen
- Must pass Department of Defense background check
- Valid driver’s license
- Security Clearance Required
Global Management Systems Inc. is an information technology industry leader in delivering integrated high quality local area network, operational support, configuration management, telephone data management and VOIP services. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.