Telecom Team Lead
The Lead Telecom Member serves as the principal technical operations representative to our customers in installing and maintaining voice and data products. Responsible for the installation, modification, testing and servicing of voice and/or data communication/telecommunications equipment. This position serves in the Huntsville, AL area.
- Completes moves/adds/changes by reviewing customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications; ordering and gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools, assessing installation site; preparing an installation diagram
- Following industry standards, maintains voice and data networks by running, pulling, and terminating cables; installing telecommunications equipment, routers, switches, multiplexors, cable trays, and alarm and building ironwork and ladder racks, establishing connections and integrations
- Documents network by labeling equipment and cables
- Maintains, installs, moves, removes, and test copper, coaxial, and fiber optic cable.
- Installs communication closet equipment such as racks, cable trays, conduit, and cables.
- Verifies service by testing circuits, equipment, and alarms by identifying, correcting, or escalating problems
- Responds to service requests, troubleshoot, isolate, and repair voice and data problems
- Inspects and performs routine maintenance in manholes, such as draining water
- Assists with repair, securing, and replacement of all cable-related defects within manholes
- Inspects telephone poles, pedestals, handholes, and other outside plant infrastructure. Reports deficiencies and makes repairs as necessary or escalates as needed
- Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages, testing network back-up procedures, and updating documentation
- Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns and answering questions
- Maintains safe work environment and conditions by following codes, standards, and legal regulations
- Attends training sessions as required
- Additional responsibilities as position requires
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
(education, experience, technical skills, communication skills, customer focus, time management skills, independence, and accuracy)
- High school education or equivalent
- Five years of experience on maintenance, installation, testing, and repair of telecommunications equipment and systems
- Experience with requisite tools and test equipment, to include Fusion Splicers.
- In depth knowledge of OSP network drawings, route maps, interpreting fiber test results, fiber optic network infrastructure, engineering design and construction, and the ability to work cross-functionally to monitor network performance.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Have the ability to lift and/or maneuver loads weighing 50 pounds or more
- Must be able to maintain a valid driver’s license
Global Management Systems Inc. is an information technology industry leader in delivering integrated high quality local area network, operational support, configuration management, telephone data management and VOIP services. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.