System Administrator I
Location: FT Eustis, Newport News, VA
Global Management Systems Inc. is seeking a Systems Administrator to support the operation and maintenance of the Cisco Collaboration Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), NetPlus Telecom Management (TMS), T-Metrics Automatic Call Distribution (ACD), Consortium III Crash Conferencing and CAIRS Automated Directory Attendant (ADAS) Systems deployed at Fort Eustis and Fort Story, VA. Complete DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS) checklist to keep equipment IA complaint. Provide expert technical support for existing and growing VoIP networks, System upgrades, and equipment purchases. The successful candidate will have the right mix of hands-on experience, strong interpersonal, leadership, and technical skills, experience in administration and troubleshooting for Windows, Linux servers and workstations, Cisco, Microsoft and more.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (preferred)
- Microsoft Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, 2016 and 2019 Admin experience.
- Microsoft 2019 Active Directory experience.
- Strong TCP/IP skills including DNS, DHCP, Network Policy Server (NPS) and VPN configuration, including working knowledge of network topology and protocols (TCP/IP, DHCP, NPS, and DNS).
- Virtualization Administration: VMWARE ESXi and VCenter experience.
- Network Administration: Switching, Routing, Firewalls, Voice and Media Gateways.
- Basic understanding of VOIP and analog telecommunications.
- Knowledge or experience with Cisco Collaboration Architecture: Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco Prime Licensing Manager and Cisco tFTP.
- Experience with Cisco routers, switches, VoIP and analog telecommunications.
- Experience setting up and managing data protection (backup) software.
- Experience with ARMY Enterprise Remedy a plus.
- Knowledge or experience with telephony systems TMS, ACD, ADAS, IVR.
- Monitoring, reporting and resolving HVAC, batteries, UPS, temperature alarms.
- High School Diploma.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information sciences, or related field and/or 3 years of equivalent work experience.
- CompTIA Security + CE Certification is required.
- Cisco CCNA Certification is required.
- Cisco CCNP Collaboration Certification (preferred).
Additional Experience and Skills
- Positive attitude with the ability to multitask and work effectively with minimum supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills Professional, customer-service oriented attitude and demeanor.
- Ability to work productively, autonomously and under limited supervision.
- Capacity to work well independently and as a collaborative team member.
- Demonstrated success managing and executing multiple priorities and projects.
- Ability to work well under pressure and successfully meet deadlines.