- Job Title: Network Administrator
- Location: Fort Benning, GA
- SCA Wage Category: Exempt
- Shift: 1st
- Employee Type: Regular Full Time
- Security Clearance Status: Active and/or Able to Obtain
- Security Clearance Type: Secret
- US Citizenship Required: Yes
- Job Level: Administrator
- Travel: Negligible
GMSI seeks individuals to support the administration, configuration, operations, and maintenance of IT equipment configuration management (CM) functional support for standardized planning, design, implementation, installation, O&M, and documentation of configuration hardware and software baselines, network diagrams, and physical elevation diagrams.
Individuals shall be familiar with DoDI 8510.01, Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD Information Technology (IT), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) publications related to network operations and security, and Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) required compliance measures.
Experience with Cisco Prime network management software and highly experienced in using other Network Security And Systems Management (NSSM) tools found at the Fort Benning NEC to include CA Spectrum, Sienna Sitemanager, RTM SwitchExpert, Microsoft DHCP, NETPLUS, Unique CAIRS network management tools to diagnose network connectivity and performance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Diagnose network connectivity and performance faults from the network endpoint component, through the PDS, through the routed and switched network backbone to as close to the destination system and application as possible.
- Diagnose and resolve problems at the physical and data link layers (including Wireless, Ethernet, DWDM, and SONET) and common problems at the network (IP) layer.
- Identify problems at the transport, session, presentation, and application layers.
- Monitors data communications network to ensure that network is available to all system users and resolves data communications problems
- Receives telephone calls from user with data communications problem
- Reviews procedures user followed to determine if specified steps were taken
- Monitors modems and display screens to detect error messages that signal malfunction in communications software or hardware
- Enters diagnostic commands to determine nature of problem
- utilizes diagnostic equipment to test connectivity of physical layer
- Instructs user on how to resolve common network problems
- Calls service technician for service when problem cannot be resolved
- Records number of daily data communications transactions and number of problems and actions taken
- Updates documentation to record new equipment installed, new sites, and changes to computer configurations
- Trains staff and users to use equipment
- Coordinates installation of or installs communications lines
- Performs in place upgrades or replacement of malfunctioning equipment
Experience with the Following:
- Unified Communications
- MS Office Suite and Windows
- Routing & Switching with Cisco
- NIPRNET, SIPRNET, DSN, ARNET, GUARDNET, DREN and SIMNET
- VoIP Networks
- CA Spectrum
- CISCO Prime
- I3A Standards
- IT-I IT Level
- SECRET Clearance with T5 Investigation
- IAT-II IA Certifications Comp-Tia Security Plus CE or equivalent
- Computing Environment Certification CCNA
Preferred Education and Experience:
- CCNA Security CCNP
- 2-7 years experience
GMSI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.