IT Security Analyst
Location: Ft. Carson, Colorado
Successful candidates will have experience providing system-wide Information Security requirements and the design and application of security solutions to the Regional Network Enterprise Center at Fort Carson, CO. This is a full-time position and candidate must have active Secret clearance.
Minimum Required Skills, Education, and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Information Technology including experience as a Security Analyst on federal government contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred. Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage customer and other stakeholder expectations.
- Knowledge of Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office suite, and the ability to perform troubleshooting procedures; trained in RMF and C&A processes; possess an advance understanding of Government security policy; knowledge of Cyber Command Readiness Inspection (CCRI) or similar functions/audits and security penetration tools; and knowledge of Certification & Accreditation and the Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes is required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills are required.
- Security+ Certification required.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Plan and implement the requirements of all regulatory requirements for an Information Assurance (IA) in accordance with prevailing DOD, Army and other relevant government policies and regulatory guidance.
- Support monthly image development and maintenance to maintain an extremely high level of computing device security compliance across the customer base.
- Supports the Army’s SYSMAN applications to include Software Update Point (SUP) and System Center Update Publisher (SCUP) deployments, 3rd party patch packaging and deployments, new software packaging and deployments to include mission specific applications, Desired Configuration Management (DCM) policy creation and evaluation deployments, Operating System Deployments (OSD) to include USMT capability with customized HTA front end, and creating and deploying custom VBS/Powershell scripts as required.
- Conduct secure system engineering and development including system/security requirements.
- Uses the following tools/technologies to support Information Assurance and Information Security: NMAP, Retina, ACAS, NESSUS, OpenVAS, Penetration Testing, Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP), RMF (Risk Management Framework), eMass, Incident Response, and IAVMs.
- Generates and interprets Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) reports to determine vulnerabilities that exist across the network and takes required actions to provide innovative solutions to mitigate these vulnerabilities through the use of the above administered applications and other methods within the control of the local NEC.
- analysis and secure system definition.
- Develop technical solutions to support client requirements in solving moderately complex network, platform, and system security problems.
Global Management Systems, Inc. (GMSI) is a full-service telecommunications and Information Technology provider with more than 30 years’ experience in the Federal, Military, and Commercial markets. GMSI is seeking experienced Telecommunications and IT technical and management personnel with an active Secret clearance and CompTIA Security+ certification for potential positions supporting the Regional Network Enterprise Center at Fort Carson, CO under the Information Management Communications Services Program.